SPINACH, GOAT CHEESE & SAUSAGE OMELETTE
- 4 ounces sausage
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese ( or sub w/ whatever type of cheese you like)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- sliced avocado (optional)
- ¼ cup salsa verde (optional)
- fry sausage in a medium saute pan until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs and water in a small bowl.*
- Take the Sausage out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Wipe the pan of the remaining grease with a clean paper towel.
- Melt the butter in the same pan over low heat. Add the beaten eggs to the pan, then put the Sausage, spinach, and crumbled goat cheese on half the egg mixture. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes until slightly firm, then fold the empty side over the side with the filling on it. Cover the pan with foil or a pot cover and leave on low heat for another few minutes until the eggs are cooked through. If your bottom is browning too quickly, turn the stove off and leave the pan covered for up to 10 minutes and the residual heat should "bake" it until the center is fully cooked.
- Serve with avocado slices and salsa verde. So good you won't even miss the toast or hash browns!
*As a side note, I add the water because as the egg cooks the water turns to steam which helps the egg puff up and get fluffy.
*If you would like more details on the amazing benefits of Spinach go check out our friends at the Cookingdetective.com
Come join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge today for your blueprint to healthy Eating, Exercise and Lifestyle.
receive a free 360Vitamin Shop discount club membership for up to 20% discounts on all our Supplements and Healthy Food products no additional tax depending on product and where you live.