360PT Protein Cereal
grain-free Paleo cereal mix
This is a great option if you are looking for a low Carb cereal . I sometimes really crave cereal and you can eat this one guilt free. And if you want to have some protein what works really well is add a scoop or two to some Whey Protein and pour it over the Cereal for a complete Breakfast.
When I make it I try to make a big batch all at once so we have enough for the week.
Here is my recipe I used for this batch but get creative you can add just about any kind of Nut next time I'm going to include some Pecans and Walnuts and instead of the finely grated coconut I might try the thicker slivers of coconut,
takes: about 20 minutes ( be sure
- 1 Bag coconut flakes
- 1 Bag sliced almonds
- 1 bag crushed Macadamia Nuts tablespoons
- 2 Teaspoons on Apple pie Spice seaasoning ( but Cinnamon would be fine)
Liquid Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup of Agave syrup
- 1/2 Stick of Kerrigold Grass Fed Irish butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Spread Nut mix on a baking tray and toast for about 10 minutes. Stir and cook for another few minutes until the almonds are just lightly golden.
KEEP AN EYE ! because as you will see in my pics I almost burned my batch they start to cook really fast after the first 10 min and burn very easily.
2. Cool the almonds on the tray.
3. Blend the Whey protein and the milk and pour over cereal.
Variations get creative based upon your taste buds but more importantly your fitness goals and when you are eating the cereal!
for example if you are going low carb at a particular meal just go with the nuts and protein but if its after a workout or at at a time you are allowing yourself some carbs throw in some fruits!
- raw ‘cereal’ – don’t worry about toasting the almonds.
- sweet – feel free to add your favourite dried fruit. Or serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- more! – feel free to double of triple the recipe.
- nut-free – replace almonds with sunflower seeds or pepitas or both. Skip the toasting step.
- different additives – any whole, chopped or ground seeds or nuts like hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, linseeds, sunflower seeds or pepitas
- Fruit: If you are not restricting your carbs add some fruit
- Please join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge today ! for your blue print to healthy Eating, Exercise and Lifestyle modification . Plus receive
- free 360Vitamin Shop discount club membership for up to 20% discounts on all our Supplements and Healthy Food products no additional tax depending on product and where you live, flat Shipping fee only $4.95 2 day delivery
- free coaching from our 360PT Certified Personal trainer and Sports Nutrition Adviser to help you find the right supplements and products based upon your goals, age and other lift style factors.
- feel free to connect with me ( Michael Brooks) directly at michael@360PersonalTrainer.com
Head Coach 360PersonalTrainer.com
Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Sports Nutrition Adviser