My wife Lorenz makes this Chicken soup in the Crock pot almost every Sunday and we never get tired of it we usually have it with sliced Avocado's.
We put the left overs in individual serving size glass jars and freeze them and then we just take them out and heat in the microwave for a quick meal . I even put one of the jars with the frozen chicken soup in my lunch bag and take to work ( They will stay frozen for hours) so when I'm ready to eat it I just toss it in the microwave and pour into a bowl.
Lorenz always uses the best quality Chicken she can get and always cooks the chicken with the bones .
Using the bones gives it a great flavor but mostly we do it for the added Nutritional value it's loaded with valuable amino acids, collagen ,gelatin and trace minerals. all good for your gut , skin , hair and joints. and research is proving what our grandmothers knew, and that is that it can help with respiratory inflammation when you have a cold.
- 2.5 lbs of skinless Chicken thighs w/bone
- 2 lbs skinless drum sticks with bone
- 6 Large Carrots( cut into small peices
- 8 med potatoes ( cubed)
- 1 entire bunch of scallions chopped up
- Garlic 6 cloves crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Sweet Melissa Burlesque Rub powder : is what my wife uses but if you can't find any it looks like its has Paprika and Chili powder as the main ingredients so you could just uses that.
- Filtered Water ( enough to cover all the ingredients)
- Put all ingredients is a crock pot for 4.5 to 5 hrs
- Please join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge today ! for your blue print to healthy Eating, Exercise and Lifestyle modification .
- Plus receive free 360Vitamin Shop discount club membership for up to 20% discounts on all our Supplements and Healthy Food products no additional tax depending on product and where you live.
- free coaching from our 360PT Certified Personal trainer and Sports Nutrition Adviser to help you find the right supplements and products based upon your goals, age and other lift style factors.
- feel free to connect with me ( Michael Brooks) directly at michael@360PersonalTrainer.co