- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 hours
- Total time: 10 hours 10 mins
- 4 lb bone in pork shoulder
- 4 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (leave out if to spicy)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- Mix all of the above ingredients except the pork shoulder and the BBQ sauce in a small mixing bowl, mix it all well making your spice rub
- Massage the spice rub all over the meat in every crevice you can find
- Wrap tightly in a double wrap of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, I did mine overnight. You can refrigerate this for up to 3 days
- Unwrap the roast and place it in your crock pot add 1/4 cup of water and turn your crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours until the meat is fork-tender
- Transfer your roast to a cutting board
- Pull the meat apart by tearing the meat into thin shreds with two forks or your fingers
- You can either put all the meat back in the juices in the crockpot, or
- Place all the shredded meat back in the crock pot and toss with BBQ Sauce and heat on low for 60 minutes until hot.
- Serve and enjoy
____________________________________________________________________________Please join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge today ! for your blue print to healthy Eating, Exercise and Lifestyle modification .
Receive free 360Vitamin Shop discount club membership for up to 20% discounts on all our Supplements and Healthy Food products no additional tax depending on product and where you live.
free coaching from our 360PT Certified Personal trainer and Sports Nutrition Adviser to help you find the right supplements and products based upon your goals, age and other lift style factors.
feel free to connect with me ( Michael Brooks) directly at michael@360PersonalTrainer.com