Try this Paleo, gluten-free and grain-free Meat Loaf , made without the usual fillers and prepared sauces. This recipe works equally well with ground beef, lamb, buffalo, or turkey. And it’s so easy to make! I don’t often use coconut flour, but in meatloaf it’s perfect – it absorbs liquid as it bakes, for a firm texture that’s easy to slice. This primal meatloaf uses either , your favorite ketchup, or tomato sauce. Makes one 9 x 5 inch pan. Serves 6 with leftovers for sandwiches. Yum!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs ground meat (grass-fed beef, lamb, buffalo, or organic turkey)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Ketchup , or your favorite ketchup. (No Ketchup? Use 1/3 cup tomato sauce plus 1 tablespoon or your favorite sweetener, if desired.)
- 1 small handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, sage, or a mix)
- 1 teaspoon your favorite dry spices (ground cumin, sage, oregano, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons liquid coconut aminos (optional)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, for a slight cheese taste)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup your favorite ketchup.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so that it extends over the sides forming handles. (I use office clips on the sides to keep the paper from folding in.)
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium low heat, add the olive oil. Add onions and celery and cook until they are soft but not browned, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine the ground meat, eggs, coconut flour, ketchup, herbs, aminos, and nutritional yeast, if using. Add the onions & celery. Mix well. Place in the 9 x 5 baking pan. Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160º F. (You can put a pan of hot water in the oven under the meatloaf to keep the top from cracking.) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve hot. It’s also delicious as leftovers in a sandwich or wrap.
Come join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge today for your blueprint to healthy Eating, Exercise and Lifestyle.
receive a free 360Vitamin Shop discount club membership for up to 20% discounts on all our Supplements and Healthy Food products no additional tax depending on product and where you live.
Free coaching from our 360PT Certified Personal trainer and Sports Nutrition Adviser .
For every purchase of a 360PT Challenge we will donate one to the Corner Stone School of Birmingham in your name . to be auctioned off at their annual Gala to raise money for the school.
For further details contact me via e-mail at email@example.com