Note before you begin... Make sure the tuna is completely drained and as dry as possible. Excess moisture will make the tuna cakes fall apart.
- 2 - 7 oz cans sustainable tuna, drained
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil, more if needed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, shallot, garlic, parsley, coconut aminos, ginger, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Form mixture into 8 equal sized patties. Place the patties in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the pan.
- Fry the tuna cakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Use caution as you are flipping them over as they are very delicate and will crumble apart easily.
Per Serving (2 Cakes) | Calories: 176 | Total Carbs: 4.5g | Fat: 4.25g | Protein: 32g | Fiber: .5g | Net Carbs: 4g
For more great Recipe idea and a blue print to getting lean and Fit in just 30 days join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge just click here for details.