I used to hate the mornings my morning ritual was just to see how long I could stay in bed and then rush to work , I just figured I was not a morning person........
Then about a year ago I was listening to a Tony Robbins interview and he WAS talking about his morning practice he would do some Breathing exercises , Preyer of gratitude and an Ice bath and he spoke of the physical and mental benefits of it.
Then all of a sudden it was like when you are looking tp purchase a certain vehicle and then you start tonotice them all over the place the same thing happened to me when I heard about the idea of a morning practice all of a sudden I started hearing how nearly all successful highly productive people have some type of morning practice.
Could be something as simple as:
- Walking the dog
- Drink Coffee or Tea
- Journal what the want to accomplish that day
If you already have a morning practice great ! just try to be even more mindful and grateful for it and in the moment.
If you don't have a morning routine I highly recommend you start one it can be what ever you like but be sure you give yourself enough time to do it each morning instead of just rushing off to work.
Here is my morning routine but I like to tweak it and sometimes do it in a different order but I really like these elements they work well for me and doesnt long . If I am in a hurry
- Nettie Pot and gargle : great way to stave off allergies and colds.
- Go outside and get Sun: 5-10 min while I drink my coffee.
- Coffee : most mornings I drink it Bullet proof style
- Gratitude: I pick 4 or 5 things that I'm grateful for , have you ever been really grateful for something and depressed at the same time ? doesn't happen very often.
- Whim Hoff style breathing: only takes about 3 minutes and get's me ready for the cold plunge.
- Ice Plunge: I will sometimes just get under my hose in the winter if it's not frozen so I can get some Sun at the at the same time but a Cold shower or any cold body of water works.
In the morning I usually just do a minute or two but a couple of times a week I do a longer Ice Bath usually about 8 minutes in the afternoon sometime.
If you would like to check out my video of me doing my morning Routine recently while on the road click here
Come join our 360PT 30 Day Challenge today for your blueprint to healthy Eating, Exercise and Lifestyle.
receive a free 360Vitamin Shop discount club membership for up to 20% discounts on all our Supplements and Healthy Food products no additional tax depending on product and where you live.
Free coaching from our 360PT Certified Personal trainer and Sports Nutrition Adviser .
For every purchase of a 360PT Challenge we will donate one to the Corner Stone School of Birmingham in your name . to be auctioned off at their annual Gala to raise money for the school.